As everybody knows, life is about the little things- and one of the often underrated joys is enveloping yourself in a freshly washed, fluffy towel when you are getting out of the shower. If you pause and think about it, you’ll suddenly realize just how essential a nice clean towel really is. After all, it’s something you rely on to do the job of cleaning you every day! Unfortunately all too often, people continuously use old, dingy towels that are not only no longer fluffy, but could very well be harboring dangerous bacteria. Read on to learn more about why cleaning towels regularly is so important, how often you should be washing towels, and when it’s the right time to “throw in the towel” and replace them. Globaltex Fine Linens USA is a top provider of wholesale towels in Houston. If you’re looking for “hotel towels for sale,” call Globaltex Fine Linens USA to order today!
Why Cleaning Towels Is So Important
Your body is at its cleanest when you dry yourself with a towel, so the last thing that you want to do is to put bacteria right back on your skin. After all, you wouldn’t think about rubbing the toilet brush on your freshly cleaned skin, but many towels harbor just as many germs if they’re not regularly washed. This is due to the fact that they retain moisture, which causes a breeding ground for bacteria every time you get dry. This is not only unpleasant to think about, but the bacteria can cause acne, fungal infections, and rashes. If somebody in the household is ill, then sharing unclean towels can also spread sickness from one person to the other. You can only prevent this by following proper towel care. Here are some tips on washing towels:
- Wash your bath towels every three to four uses, and remember that this is only applicable if you’re fully spreading the towel on a towel bar after use. If it is left bunched up, then the moisture will not be able to fully dry and bacteria will start to grow much sooner.
- When washing towels, use hot water and run them through two cycles- one with vinegar and water and another one with standard detergent to ensure fluffiness and disinfection.
Looking For Hotel Towels For Sale?
So when should you be replacing your towels? Globaltex Fine Linens USA, a top provider of wholesale towels, suggests that if you’ve had your towels for several years, then it’s time to “throw in the towel” and replace them. When towels get too old, then they are no longer effective. They are unable to thoroughly dry you and are likely home to invisible germs and bacteria. In general it is advised that you should get new towels every two to three years. HEre are some signs to watch out for:
- You have to run the towel over your body several times just to remove the water. Towel fibers break down with use, and if they aren’t absorbing the water as well as they once were, you need to say goodbye.
- The towel starts to smell after just one or two uses after it is washed. This is a clear sign of bacteria within the fibers that is not getting cleaned properly.
- There are holes, tears, or frayed edges on the towel
Contact Us Today
Nobody can tell you exactly when you should replace your towels, but follow these guidelines and you should be in the clear! Globaltex Fine Linens USA is a top provider of wholesale towels in Houston (and ships all over the U.S). Call Globaltex Fine Linens USA if you’re looking for hotel towels for sale today!