Industrial Seamstress / Seamster
Globaltex Fine Linens is seeking an experienced seamstress and or alterations specialist to join our growing team.
You will be working alongside our custom stylists and a team of talented tailors to work with both our in-house garments and outside garments alterations that are brought into the tailor shop.
Alteration examples can include: shortening a terry , linens, hemming of textile with the original hem, etc.
Master Tailor/Seamstress Job Expectations:
- Collaborate with stylists to ensure all garments properly fit every client
- Perform adjustments, as needed, on clothing needs.
- Adjustments include but not limited to: shortening/lengthening sleeves and legs, taper sides of garments, take in/out the waist of pants, taper pants, lower collars, and more
- Effectively manage workload and complete all required items in a timely manner
- Pin or chalk garments to show where alterations need to be made
- Ensure all garments are ready for the client to pick up including steaming and pressing
- Assist with customer fittings as needed
- Maintain a record of all alterations completed
- Maintain relevant knowledge of the industry, products, and the business through continuing education and training
- Work well and collaboratively with the custom stylists and additional tailoring staff
- Dental and health insurance
- Employee discount
- Paid leave
- Vision insurance
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Development opportunities
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental Pay Types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
Work Location: In person
If you are interested in this position, please send us your Resume and references.