How To Fold Towels
Jun 20, 2023
If you've ever used a hotel towel or folded your own, you may have noticed the towels are folded in a certain way. It's true: folding towels is an art that takes practice and skill to master.
How To Fold Towels?
Folding towels, like most things in life, comes with its own set of rules. Here are the most common folding methods for more common types of towels:
Washcloth — Fold it in half, then fold each side of the washcloth into thirds.
Hand towel — Fold one end over so that your middle finger touches the other end (this will form a triangle). Then, fold it in half again so that you have a rectangle shape.
Bath towel — Fold it in thirds vertically and then horizontally so that both ends touch together at two points. The result should be an X-shaped fold if done correctly!
Classic Hotel Method
The Classic Hotel Method is one of the easiest ways to fold a towel.
- First, fold the towel in half by placing its two ends together, then folding it over again so that you have a long rectangle shape.
- Next, fold this rectangle into thirds by bringing each end up halfway towards its center point before folding down again to create three equal sections of the original rectangle.
- Now you can roll your towel! Place one hand at either side of your newly-formed rectangle and push down until they meet at its center point—this will cause the towel to curl up around itself as if it were being rolled up on itself like a burrito or cinnamon bun! You may need some help from another person while doing this part; having someone apply pressure at either end while you hold onto them will make things easier for both parties involved!
Towel Bar Method
- If you have a towel bar, hang your towels on it.
- Place one end of the towel in front of you, with the other end sticking out to the side. Fold it over once to make a triangle shape. This will be your middle fold.
- Fold that triangle in half again so it looks like an hourglass with two folds on either side of its center point (the bottom point). Now you have four equal sections: top, bottom left, bottom right and middle sectioned off into two halves by those first two folds. Hang up your folded towel and admire how beautiful it looks!
- Fold the towel in half.
- Fold the towel in thirds.
- Fold the towel into thirds, then fold it in half again.
- Fold a bath towel in half, then fold it in half again.
- Roll the towel up tightly and secure with a rubber band at one end of the folded towel.
- Hang on rack to dry, or hang from shower rod if you don't have a rack handy!
There are two essential steps involved in folding towels:
Folded Towel: This step will allow for easy storage so that when guests come over or someone needs a towel they can easily access them without having to dig through piles or hunt through cabinets or drawers trying to find something that isn’t buried under other stuff.
I hope that you have enjoyed this article and that it has helped you to learn how to fold towels.